Tuesday, August 18, 2015

SIGGRAPH 2015 proceedings free this week

Via an interesting post from Eric Haines with some cool tidbits.   The whole siggraph 2015 proceedings is free this week

Also Eric notes: Folklore 1: Jim Blinn confirmed that the teapot model was shrunk down because it looked nicer that way, not that the pixels were non-square (incorrectly propagated here and here). Jim & 3D printed teapot.    (I have also spread that false info!   We will know computer graphics has gone mainstream when this is at snopes).

2 comments:

Eric Haines said...

> I have also spread that false info!

You're in good company: so has the Computer Museum. Jim was pretty funny about it, "As I recall, and my memory is perfect, ..." (and yes he was joking).

Phil Dutré said...

Indeed, nice to set these straight.

@Pete: I have send Eric a whole list of references about the use of Omega in the rendering equation (also in Eric's blogpost).